Date/TimeDate(s) - 10/08/2018 - 12/08/2018
The process of dyeing with indigo is magical. Learn to stitch and shape the fabric to resist the dye (called shibori) creating amazing patterns. This weekend we are adding the chance to dye with madder root dye, an ancient dye producing beautiful pinks.
During this weekend workshop:
- We will begin by making a number of small pieces to become familiar with the different techniques.
- Introduction to many ways of stitching, manipulating and folding the fabric.
- Receive lots of individual attention and help.
- Explore and practice the many stitch resist shibori techniques under the expert guidance of Annabel. She has many useful tips on how to work successfully and progress, and to realise your design ideas.
- Compose and produce a larger piece of work, perhaps a long hanging, a series of cushions, a fabulous scarf or the fabric for a lampshade. Or if you are a quilter you may want to make many varied pieces to add that something special to your own projects.
Suitable for all and no previous experience is necessary although an enjoyment of sewing is really helpful.
What materials are included:
Included are the 4 initial fabric pieces to experiment with and all dye stuffs and equipment. There will be an extra charge at cost for other fabrics used and for creating your special piece/s from 50p to £10 depending on fabrics selected. Silk as well as cotton will be available.
£289 pp Residential – includes 2 nights sole occupancy accommodation, full board including a home-cooked breakfast, tea/cake, lunch and 3 course dinner, all tuition/activities.
£209 pp Non-Residential – includes all of the above except accommodation and breakfast.
Please book directly with the Kingcombe Centre