Date/TimeDate(s) - 18/05/2019
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Artisan – community art studio
AddressBranksome Centre Recreation Road
Make a stunning patterned naturally dyed silk scarf. Learn how to create colour with natural plant dyes along with an introduction to some simple Shibori stitching. Create your own unique textiles using stitch resist dyeing techniques.
During this one day workshop:
- You will start by being introduced to some simple resist stitching
- Taught different ways of manipulating, clamping and folding the fabric.
- Once you have an idea of what you want to achieve, Annabel will guide you on how to stitch and shape the fabric to resist the dye and create the desired pattern – this is the ancient Japanese art of Shibori.
- You will then move onto the really fun part as you dye your scarf with a selection of natural plant dyes. You will be amazed at the range of colours that are possible and Annabel will introduce you to some of the common plants that have been used for generations.
- Explore dyeing with indigo and madder and either pomegranate or onion skins plus a deep colour like logwood or walnut.
One silk scarf incl in the course fee. If you require any additional scarves they would be charged at cost. The process of dyeing with plants is fascinating. Learn to stitch and manipulate fabric to resist the dye (called shibori) creating beautiful patterns on fabric.
Annabel is a relaxed, friendly teacher and an expert guide to the art of shibori.
An enjoyment of sewing is helpful. The day is suitable for all levels of ability.
10 am til 4pm Cost £60.00 per person
Contact Pauline Stanley before 10am or after 4pm on 07729 829 209 Or email her
There may be a delay in hearing back from Pauline as she is travelling in the first part of 2019. Please be patient!